The snow has arrived! Tips from Cappino physiotherapist Monica Trozzo on safer shoveling:
Have a good technique
- Bend your knees and lift the snow using your knees not your back.
- Slightly arch your back and keep it arched while you lift the snow.
- Grab the shovel lower down to help distribute the weight of the snow.
Keep a rhythm
- You don’t gain anything but fatigue from going fast!
Don’t throw snow too far
- Try not to throw the snow more than 1 meter.
- Turn your whole body in the direction where the snow is being thrown