What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy involves the use of soft tissue manipulation to enhance function and promote relaxation. It is believed to create a feeling of wellness by its ability to assist the blood’s flow. Massage can be used to treat a variety of conditions including: migraine headaches, sports related injuries, fibromyalgia, and muscle spasms. It may also be employed in the management of stress.
Our Massage Therapy services include:
- Swedish Massage: most common type of massage.
- Reflexology: Application of pressure to specific areas, such as hands, feet or ears that reflect other parts of the body that require treatment.
- Pre-natal: Massage tailored to expecting mother’s needs
- Deep Tissue: Focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
- Sports Massage: Customized to meet the needs of an athlete, this massage focuses on pre-game/ workout preparation, as well as post-game/ workout recovery.
- Clinical Massage: Helps with rehabilitation following an injury or illness.
- Tao Shiatsu Therapy: During a treatment the application of steady continuous pressure using the thumbs, hands and knees is performed without oils through light, comfortable clothing on a floor futon. Tao Shiatsu is therapeutic, but at the same time this is a deeply relaxing treatment. It stimulates the body to regain its’ natural equilibrium’. This treatment helps relieve stress and pain, improve muscle, organ, and joint function. Tao Shiatsu approaches deep muscles to relieve tension and helps in preventing injuries and motion limitations.
- Thai Massage: Also called Thai yoga massage, the movements applied during a Thai massage often resemble yoga movements. This helps relieve muscular tension, improves circulation and provides your body with energy and balance. This massage is also performed without oils through light, comfortable clothing on a floor futon.
- Hot Stone: Use of basalt stones placed on the body
MASSAGE THERAPY WEST ISLAND TEAM
NURIT ELKAIM, RMT is a Registered Massage Therapist and Certified Personal Trainer. She graduated from College Marie-Victorin and Société Nouvelle de Massothérapie du Québec. She specializes in various massage techniques, including Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Sports, Therapeutic, Hot Stone, Thai, Prenatal, and Chair Massage. She stays up to date by constantly studying new techniques. She will customize her treatment on a case-by-case basis, working on muscular tension, postural balance and ergonomic improvements. Whether she provides a massage therapy session to alleviate a specific pain or simply to provide relaxation, Nurit enjoys helping others feel better and guiding them to achieve their goals. Book an appointment with Nurit.
ELENA M, RMT – With a scientific background, Elena has long been captivated by eastern holistic medicine. She went on to study Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupressure, Tao Shiatsu, Kinetic Swedish Massage, Craniosacral therapy, Reiki, Energy Medicine, and Naturopathy. In her treatments Elena uses a holistic approach and synthesis of different therapeutic techniques that is unique to every individual. Book an appointment with Elena.
ANNA MELONE, RMT has over 10 years of industry experience. She specializes in therapy techniques such as Reflexology, Myofascia Release, Deep Tissue and Kinetic Swedish Massage. Anna is passionate about massage and enjoys the science behind the techniques. As a practitioner, knowing that she can use her skills to help others live a more comfortable and enhanced life, brings her great satisfaction. Book an appointment with Anna.
JAMILA AL-AYECH BARQUIN – Naturo-Therapist with over 3000 hours of courses taken and treatments given, Jamila’s path towards healing of the self started in 2009 in India and continued onto Thailand. During her travels, she learned about yoga, meditation, massage therapy, Ayuryeda, and about the importance of approaching the body holistically. In 2011, she visited the Himalayan region of Netala and completed an extensive Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training. Over there, she was introduced to the five main pillars of life: proper nutrition, proper relaxation, proper exercise, positive thinking and meditation. Furthermore, she studied Thai Yoga Massage in Chiang Mai with great teachers, following the teachings of the main physician of the actual Budha. Upon her return to Canada, she continued immersing into the knowledge of massage therapy and started putting everything she learned into practice. Book an appointment with Jamila.
MEGAN BRADLEY, RMT–. Megan studied at l’École Massothérapie Adam and has certifications in Swedish, Deep Tissue, Pre-Natal and Chair Massage. She has a deep respect and passion for the profession. Book an appointment with Megan.