What is massage therapy?
Massage therapy involves the use of soft tissue manipulation to enhance function and promote relaxation. It is believed to create a feeling of wellness by its ability to assist the blood’s flow. Massage can be used to treat a variety of conditions including: migraine headaches, sports related injuries, fibromyalgia, and muscle spasms. It may also be employed in the management of stress.
When to consult a massage therapist
Massage therapy is suitable for everyone: workers, children, the elderly, physically active individuals and pregnant women. It helps to reduce pain related to certain pathologies, diseases or particular ailments, such as:
- Osteoarthritis, arthritis
- Stress, anxiety
- Tension headache, migraine
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Sprain, stiff neck
- Tendinitis, bursitis, capsulitis
- Breakdowns, cramps, spasms
Your Montreal, West-Island and Ile-Perrot massage therapist
The Cappino Difference
At Cappino, we focus on all aspects of your wellbeing, physical and mental. Our West-Island and Ile-Perrot massage therapists work as part of an interdisciplinary team offering top of the line, personalized treatments in a welcoming modern environment with state of the art equipment and private treatment rooms. Integrity, Results and Client Experience. We make it a priority to deliver on our promise. Our focus is on helping you meet all of your therapeutic, physical and lifestyle needs. Our approach is based on innovative, hands-on treatment techniques to heal injuries faster and to improve quality of life.
Our Massage Therapy services include:
- Swedish Massage: most common type of massage.
- Reflexology: Application of pressure to specific areas, such as hands, feet or ears that reflect other parts of the body that require treatment.
- Pre-natal: Massage tailored to expecting mother’s needs
- Deep Tissue: Focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
- Sports Massage: Customized to meet the needs of an athlete, this massage focuses on pre-game/ workout preparation, as well as post-game/ workout recovery.
- Clinical Massage: Helps with rehabilitation following an injury or illness.
- Thai Massage: Also called Thai yoga massage, the movements applied during a Thai massage often resemble yoga movements. This helps relieve muscular tension, improves circulation and provides your body with energy and balance. This massage is also performed without oils through light, comfortable clothing on a floor futon.
- Hot Stone: Use of basalt stones placed on the body
If you have any questions about massage or to improve your quality of life, contact our clinic now.