What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an essential branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in which every treatment is customized to the patient at the present time. It can aid through different mechanisms like the central nervous system, the muscular system, the endocrine system and the immune system.
What can acupuncture help me with?
The acupuncturist works with you to improve your well-being and overall health and can help you with any of the following:
- Sports injuries
- Preparation for competition
- Stress, fatigue, anxiety
- Digestive disorders
- Allergies, asthma and other respiratory disorders
- Tonifying the immune system
- Tinnitus (ear ringing), vertigo, dizziness
- Help to stop smoking, alcohol or other drugs
Action Mechanism of Acupuncture
Several recent scientific developments have allowed us to understand some of the mechanisms explaining the action of acupuncture. Different points can act through either of the following mechanisms :
- Action on the central nervous system (CNS): Several acupuncture points stimulate specific areas of the brain which allows you to have results and benefits in a large variety of health conditions as stated above.
- Action on the endocrine system: Certain points generate the secretion of different hormones such as endorphins in the treatment of pain.
- Action on the muscular system: Other points induce great muscular relaxation via trigger points and muscular knots.
In a context where health care is often inaccessible, acupuncture becomes a solution that deserves to be known. It is a painless therapy in which no belief is required!
Acupuncture Insurance Coverage
Most insurance plans do cover the cost of acupuncture sessions and these are also tax deductible as a medical expense.
Acupuncture is recognized by the World Health Organization(WHO) and its practice in Quebec is supervised by the Quebec Order of Acupuncturists (QOA).
Your Montreal, West-Island and Ile-Perrot acupuncturist
At Cappino, our West-Island and Ile-Perrot acupuncturists work as part of an interdisciplinary team offering superior, personalized treatments for over 25 years. If you have any questions about acupuncture or to improve your quality of life, contact our clinic now.
Cappino is certified to provide acupuncture treatments to clients covered by CSST and SAAQ. For further details, please call Cappino at 514.684.9073.