Do you experience pain or tension in your shoulders? You are not alone. Bad posture can often be the cause, especially slouching in your chair as you work on your computer for long periods of time. Certain jobs or activities which involve carrying heavy materials or carrying a heavy over the shoulder bag can also trigger shoulder pain.
- Read also: Preventing back pain at the office
Don’t suffer in silence. Here are just some of the ways you can combat shoulder pain:
Preventing and relieving shoulder pain
- Practice good posture. Keep your back straight. Use a comfortable ergonomic chair is a must.
- Avoid carrying a heavy purse or shoulder bag for longer periods of time. Or use a bag with wheels to avoid the extra weight.
- Stretch properly before and after your workout, or take a few minutes to stretch during the day when required. Stretching is great to increase flexibility and range of motion in your shoulder joints.
- Schedule an appointment with a physiotherapist, acupuncturist, massage therapist or osteopath. All tackle shoulder pain with a different yet effective approach. A therapist will evaluate the situation and provide you with an exercise plan to correct the issue. You may need X Rays or an MRI, but your therapist will guide you during your first evaluation.
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, it is important to take steps to alleviate discomfort and prevent further long-term issues. Poor posture, heavy lifting, and repetitive movements can contribute to these pains. By taking preventive measures and seeking appropriate help, you can alleviate your pain and regain comfortable mobility. Take care of your shoulders and enjoy a life free from pain.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact us today!