Dietitians in Montreal
You want to eat better, improve your weight or live a healthier lifestyle? Visit our registered dietitian at our state of the art facility located on the West Island of Montreal and get started today
What is Dietetics? Nutrition and Dietetics services
As foods are consumed to allow the body to function and survive, nutrition studies the role of the different nutrients in the body and the analysis of the feeding behaviour of individuals. On the other hand, dietetics is the discipline that supports individuals in their quest to maintain or improve their health by promoting healthy and balanced eating, but also by suggesting appropriate diets proven to improve the medical condition or reduce symptoms.
A dietitian or a nutritionist holds a Bachelor’s degree in nutrition and has trained in hospitals and the community. One must be registered with the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec to practice in Quebec.
Why consult a dietitian?
- To better manage your health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol.
- To better manage your digestive problems.
- To adapt your diet due to food allergies or intolerances, or special diets (vegetarian, gluten, etc.)
- To adopt healthy eating habits.
- To lose or gain weight.
- To eat well during pregnancy and breastfeeding to ensure optimal growth of your infant, to control your weight gain.
- To improve your sports performance.
- To better plan the meals, snacks, and box lunch for the whole family.
*Dietetic consultations often reimbursed by private insurance programs.