With the goal of overall athletic development, Cappino offers a nutritional program where athletes would acquire the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle adapted to the requirements of the sport.
There are a number of reasons why diet plays such an important role. Adequate nutrition and hydration will:
- Improve overall health
- Reduce recovery time
- Optimize performance and stamina
- Help to maintain a desired weight
Various topics on nutrition will allow athletes to make better choices therefore optimizing their sport performance and developing healthy eating habits.
- Fuelling appropriately for the sport
- Energy needs, vitamins and minerals
- Preparing for competition and road trips (i.e. cigarettes, drugs alcohol consumption etc.)
- Tasting: At training sessions, different recipes/snacks may be prepared and brought for tasting in order to expose athletes to healthy eating, hydration options, snack ideas, and recovery options.
b) Individual/Customized Nutrition Plan
An assessment of the athlete’s current situation (body composition and eating habits) will be made in order to evaluate their evolution and development throughout the program.
c) Optimal Performance Nutrition Packages
Designed to help individual athletes improve performance and reach goals by planning according to training and energy needs. Guaranteed to get the optimal amount of nutrients for the sport, while having meal plans fitted to their schedule.
- Sport-Specific Diet Plan
- Competition Day Diet Plan
- Weight Control Diet Plan – Athlete Edition
d) Road Trip Meal Planning
Working within the team’s budget, travel arrangements and road game schedule, we can provide a specific eating and hydration plan for road trips. This will include a list of snacks to have on hand, where to eat, what to eat, when to eat. We will remotely scout locations for grocery stores and restaurants nearby and indicate adequate choices from these restaurants. This will be done to focus on optimal game time performance.