Concussion Education & Management
Cappino Physiotherapy and Wellness is proud to be the first reACT™ Accredited Physiotherapy clinic in Canada. In partnership with reACT™ Canada founder Ronny Varga, this accreditation allows Cappino to offer its clients an important new service on Concussion Education & Management to help you diagnose and treat this sometimes debilitating issue.
If you are an athlete or the parent of one, finding a knowledgeable health professional that KNOWS about concussions is a vital component of your health care team.
- Not sure if you’ve suffered a concussion?
- Do you want a knowledgeable accredited health professional to help you diagnose and manage your concussion symptoms?
- Do you know when and how to return to school, work and play?
Conveniently located in the West Island, Cappino Physiotherapy and Wellness Center can help you answer some of these important questions.
What is reACT™?
reACT™ is a multi-disciplinary concussion management organization that implements a unique return to LEARN system before a traditional return to PLAY system. This approach will protect Canadian student athletes of all ages and levels from the short and long term cognitive consequences of concussions. The unique reACT™ Concussion Management System contains the following 3 components:
1) Concussion attestation and education programs given to parents, coaches, teachers and administrators alike. It provides the proper sideline tools to prevent, identify and appropriately reACT™ to potential concussions.
2) Baseline Testing: With baseline testing, the resulting data is valuable in determining the athlete’s pre-injury (i.e. normal) level of cognitive and, at times, physical functioning. In addition, it allows for a meaningful comparison following a post-concussion assessment using similar tests, thus allowing better concussion management for a safe return to learn and play.
3) Post concussion management with implementation of personalized return to learn and play protocols.
If you have suffered a concussion and require an immediate assessment, contact a reACT™ representative today, by calling 514.684.9073.
Meet the reACT™ certified team
KELLY CAPPADOCIA, B.Sc PhT, Cred. MDT is a McGill University graduate with a Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy and has been a physiotherapist since 2002. Over the years, she has attended over 30 post-graduate courses and has taught several physiotherapy classes. She became a McKenzie Credentialed Physiotherapist in 2004 making her a specialist in back and neck care. She is a partner and Head Physiotherapist of Cappino Physiotherapy & Wellness Center and is fully accredited in the reACT™ Concussion Attestation Program. For further information or to book an appointment with Kelly call 514.684-9073.
KEVIN CHEN, B.Sc., M.Sc. A, PhT, graduated from McGill University in 2011, with a Bachelor’s of Science in Physical Therapy, and in 2012 with a Master’s of Science, Applied in Physical Therapy, and is a member of the l’Ordre professionnelle de la physiothérapie du Québec. Kevin has worked with a diverse population of patients and has helped many athletes get back into their game, including baseball players, dancers, runners and golfers.
Kevin’s interest in continued education has resulted in specialized certification in: the prevention and treatment of runners as a Certified Running Specialist by The Running Clinic; the Advanced Cervico-thoracic Complex Certification, enabling him to accurately evaluate and effectively treat neck pain, back pain and headaches; and the reACT Concussion Attestation Program, allowing him to better evaluate and treat recreational and elite athletes with concussions. For further information or to book an appointment with Kevin, call 514.684.9073.
RONNY VARGA graduated from McGill University in 1999 with a Bachelors in Physiology and in 2002 with a professional Bachelors in Physiotherapy. Since 2002, Ronny has been working as a Physiotherapist in the private sector treating clients of all ages and fitness levels. From 2003 to 2005, Ronny was chosen to be the Chief Physiotherapist for the Montreal Impact Soccer Club and played an integral role in the 2004 Championship season. Ronny has been an athlete his whole life. Soccer is his primary sport and he has played for over 20 years at the regional and provincial levels. He currently resides in Montreal with his loving and supportive wife and two wonderful children.