Prenatal Massage: Top Reasons for Expectant Moms to have one!
Pregnancy is a wonderful, miraculous time! However, a woman’s body goes through many physical and emotional changes, which can cause a certain amount of stress and discomfort during the pregnancy. But there’s help! A soothing prenatal massage, given by a Registered Massage Therapist can help to alleviate some of these discomforts.
A prenatal massage shares many of the benefits of regular massage. It helps to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility, and enhance overall wellness.
However, the benefits do not stop with you. Multiple scientific studies show they also help promote the baby’s growth, improve labor outcome and even positively contribute to the newborn’s health. Prenatal massages are effective and special in that they are specifically tailored to meet the needs of each pregnant woman and her changing body.
Benefits for you
Prenatal massages offer a variety of benefits that will help a mother-to-be physically, mentally, and emotionally. Weekly massages can help:
- Reduce swelling in hands and feet.
- Lessen sciatic pain.
- Ease muscular discomforts in areas like the lower back, neck, & calves, and help provide relief of overall tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body during pregnancy.
- Tone loose muscles and relax tense ones to help your flexibility.
- Increase overall relaxation – helping you to get that much needed sleep!
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system.
- Relieve anxiety or depression, as well as reduce stress.
- Increase blood circulation, which in turn delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the mother and baby.
Benefits for your child
- Reduces your stress levels, which helps the babies’ size and health.
- Babies tend to be healthier, as measured by higher Apgar and Brazelton Neonatal Behavioral Assessment score.
- Less likelihood of premature birth.
So why not come in and pamper yourself! Take advantage of our special limited time promotion for mothers-to-be and receive 20% off your first pre-natal massage…you deserve it!* Book today!
*Some conditions may apply. Woman must be a minimum of 12 weeks along to have a pre-natal massage.
Meet Nurit…one of Cappino’s skilled Registered Massage Therapists
NURIT ELKAIM, RMT is a Registered Massage Therapist and Certified Personal Trainer. She graduated from Collège Marie-Victorin and Société Nouvelle de massothérapie du Québec. Nurit specializes in Swedish, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Therapeutic, Prenatal Massage Therapy and Trigger Points. Through several specialization courses, she makes sure she stays up to date with the latest techniques for the benefit of her clients.
Nurit enjoys providing a customized experience to her clients, offering them the relief they need in the areas that require the most attention such as; muscular release, postural balance, ergonomic improvements or others. Whether she provides a massage therapy session to alleviate a specific pain or simply to provide relaxation, Nurit enjoys helping others feel better and achieve their goals. Book an appointment with Nurit.
Cappino Physiotherapy and Wellness Center offers innovative, hands-on treatment techniques to heal injuries faster and to improve quality of life.
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (2)
- January 2016 (2)
- December 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (1)
- May 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (2)
- February 2015 (3)
- January 2015 (2)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (5)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (5)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (6)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (6)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (4)
- January 2014 (7)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (4)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (10)
- March 2012 (9)
- February 2012 (1)