Cappino Physiotherapy and Wellness offers clients a distinctive approach: the ability to be treated at their place of business. Its mobile treatment unit and equipment can be transported to any location; all that is required is a closed office or boardroom to set it up.
Are you an organization looking to provide additional benefits to employees? Here are a few reasons why introducing an on-site treatment makes sense:
- Healthy employees are more productive, creative and better able to handle the day-to-day stresses of life and work.
- Healthy employees have lower absenteeism causing less disruption to the business. In fact, wellness programs have been shown to reduce short-tem sick leave.
- Healthy older employees tend to work to a later age.
- These programs enhance and support a company’s core values and are seen as important tools for employee recruitment and retention.
- On site education regarding prevention techniques will help prevent reoccurrence of “work-related” injuries.
- Employees are no longer obligated to take time away from their work day to get treated. Treatments can be received: before work, during the lunch hour or after work.
Statistics show that healthy organizations increase employee morale, improve the ability to attract and retain key people, all while having more alert and productive employees.
Some statistics of note:
- Canada Life Insurance reported a return of $3.43 on their fitness program and an overall return on investment of $6.85 on each corporate dollar invested on reduced turnover (32.4% lower), productivity gains and decreased medical claims.
- DuPont’s Worksite Health Promotion pilot sites saw a saving of 11,726 disability days and a return of U.S. $2.05 for every dollar invested by the end of the second year.
- The Canadian government’s corporate wellness programs returned $1.95-$3.75 per employee per dollar spent (as reported by Dr. Roy Shephard).
- Municipal employees in Toronto missed 3.35 fewer days in the first six months of their “Metro Fit” fitness programs than employees not enrolled in the program.
- British Columbia Hydro employees enrolled in a work-sponsored fitness program had a turnover rate of just 3.5% compared with a company average of 10.3%.
- Johnson & Johnson estimated an average saving of U.S. $224.66 per employee per year for the four years examined after the program introduction, with the bulk of the savings being in the third and fourth years.
- Pacific Bell reported that overall absenteeism decreased after implementing a program,
- Coca Cola report saving $500 every year per employee after implementing a fitness program, with only 60% of their employees participating,.
- Coors Brewing Co. reported that for each dollar spent on their Corporate Wellness Program they saw a $5.50 return and the employees who participated reduced their absentee rate by 18%.
- Prudential Insurance Company reported that the benefits costs for employees participating in their program were $312, as opposed to $574 for non-participants.
Reference: http://naturalhealthcare.ca as per: http://www.calgarycorporatefitness.com/evidence-and-benefits/
What are the facility requirements? There are very few requirements from corporations to implement our wellness services. For the therapeutic services, companies would need to make available a private office or boardroom for our practitioners. The room would need to have no windows to ensure privacy and comfort for the client. For our classes, we would require a larger space, typically at least 500 square feet. Any open area would be acceptable. Companies would also need the flexibility to allow their employees to take some time during their day to attend their appointment.
Who needs to be contacted? As these are benefits provided by the employer, contact is usually made through the human resource department. We work with these individuals to develop a proposal that is unique to their company in order to ensure that the message is transmitted to the employees in the most efficient manner. We also work on developing other programs such as a lunch and learn where one of our practitioners educates employees during their lunch hour on a topic of interest.
How does it work once it is set up? A promotional email will typically be sent to all employees on a recurring basis (typically every 2 weeks) describing the services, the benefits and how to book an appointment. Employees will have a designated username and password to book their appointment easily and efficiently though our online booking tool. Once logged in, clients will be able to select between the different services offered at their company, their choice of practitioner and a convenient appointment time. Once selected, clients will receive a confirmation email with the details. A reminder email will be send 2 days before the appointment in addition to any documents that needs to be completed prior to meeting the practitioner.
Having a corporate wellness program at your company is simple and fun! Contact us for more information or call 514.684.9073 to get started today!